Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Excerpt from my Phase 1 CLEO submission.

The following is an excerpt from my Phase I submission of the CLEO Project.  For more details about the great project, click on the banner or the graphic at the bottom of this post. By the way, I now am offering advertising space on my blog for free for all non-profits. Comment below to get in contact.

"My first cab drive in Rio was from the airport to my hotel. Although the car ran out of gas, this didn’t upset me because I saw something that was totally unexpected.  The taxi ran on natural gas. It cost 3 cents per kilowatt hour. Oil costs 5 cents per KWH. Kilowatt hours are a unit of measurement that shows the amount of energy that materials like natural gas, oil, and coal can produce. Natural gas is made up of a number of compounds including methane. Although methane is a potent greenhouse gas, it's better than carbon dioxide because it breaks up in the atmosphere after 12 years while CO2 affects the environment for 100 to 500 years after it is released."



No comments:

Post a Comment