Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Funny thing happened today. My grandmother sent me a "Happy Environment Day" card. At first, I was flabbergasted. I didn't know that was today. I quickly checked Google to find no Google Doodle concerning the holiday. Then, I googled it and low-and-behold World Environment Day 2012 Today made headlines. I was so surprised that I dug around. According to “The Christian Post” this special day is all about spreading awareness every June 5th for the last 40 years. This is all pulled together by the UN Environmental Programme. This year’s theme- “Green Economy: Does it include you?”. It is as if they read my mind, heart, and blog. Other articles describe beautiful events like 45,000 children that signed Kidzania’s Pledge for a Better World
In Boston, John Hancock Financial’s headquarter offices were certified as Bronze level LEED, which is a measurement of the environmental impact of the building. In India, World Vision and Coca-cola India partnered to help revitalize 100 rural schools. What is happening in your neck of the woods? LVMH is planting 70 trees in Miami and reducing its paper consumption.

#43 Do something for World Environment Day. It doesn’t matter what it is, just do something creative that you normally don’t do. For example, my friend didn’t use any electricity for an hour. Sounds audacious, but very industrious. My grandma chose to send a e-card that spread awareness.






Post dedication to Barbara Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment